A week ago, Vivi from Sammy sans Cruelty nominated me for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other better, and to promote each other as well. I definitely enjoy the Q&A part, because you get to learn fun facts about fellow bloggers. It is an honor that Vivi wants to learn more about me, and I thank her for the opportunity to get in on the fun!
The rules for this award are stated as below:
Below are my answers to Vivi’s questions. I have to apologize in advance if some of them are too long. Sometimes there is never just one simple answer.
1. Why did you start your blog and how long have you been doing it?
I started this blog since February 2013, and I started it because Nick and I moved out of the country to Paris. I wanted a place for friends and family to keep abreast of our travels and what we were up to. Ever since, we have moved around quite a bit and this blog became and is still an online journal of our adventures.
2. Do you have any pets and if yes who are they?
No pets, but someday when we’re ready, we’d love to have a fur baby or two.
3. If you could be really good at something what would it be?
A Young Adult Horror writer and author, which I am currently working on.
4. If you had to choose somewhere else to live where would it be?
5. Spiderman or Superman?
6. Best place you’ve been?
7. What is a random geeky fact you love telling people?
I actually don’t come out and tell people geeky random facts about myself, but if I should, I guess it would be this: I like to watch shows and listen to talks about astrophysics, space, and the universe.
8. Favorite book/author?
Oh boy, I love reading so much I can’t just pick one favorite book and one favorite author. I have so many! Instead, I will list some favorite books that I can think of now from different genres.
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Ghost Story by Peter Straub
The Missing and The Keeper, both by Sarah Langan
Salem’s Lot and The Shining, both by Stephen King
Zombie and Action:
Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry
She’s Come Undone and I Know This Much Is True, both by Wally Lamb
Cane River by Lalita Tademy
Sundays at Tiffany’s by James Patterson
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Young Adult Horror:
The Girl From The Well by Rin Chupeco
Young Adult Fiction:
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Young Adult Classics:
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Young Adult Series:
Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
9. What subject do you love researching?
Health. Every day, I read and watch talks or videos about scientific evidence and studies regarding health. There’s much to learn and so many contradicting facts that to get down to the truth, you have to do your research to find out who’s and what’s correct on the matter. You can’t just read one thing and believe that that’s true. Luckily, I have reliable sources that I now turn to that have good science to back it up.
10. Who do you admire and why?
There are qualities you can admire about anyone you know, but the one person I admire every single day is my best friend and husband Nick. I admire him for his superb work ethics. He’s the hardest working person I know, who is extremely competent and smart. He is also the most genuine and real person I know. I admire his ability to be articulate and witty when I can’t. He can handle any complicated situation without stress and thoroughly too, and is a great problem solver.
11. What art form do you like the most?
Painting and Photography
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
1. I’m a little bit of an extreme planner — a “planner nerd” Nick calls me. I’ve always been a planner since a child, having a personal planner where I list everything I need to do and get done. Here’s a ridiculous one for you … I used to plan and write down in my planners during junior high days of what I wore each day to school! And to this day I still have a personal planner that I use, and have stepped it up a notch by using planner kits. Let’s just say it’s sometimes hard to refrain from spending a lot of money on cute little accessories for my planner.
2. My favorite food to eat is fruit.
3. I don’t have a middle name.
4. I’m an introvert.
5. As a kid, I wanted to become a journalist or a detective.
6. Sometimes strangers or people who don’t know me that well will call me Angela because I think they’re trying to be polite, but it sometimes irks me — depending on who it is — because that’s not my name. My real name is actually Ahn Jean, and I actually go by Angie. So for me, Angie is not short for anything. Long story about how my name became Angie….
7. I have acrophobia (fear of heights) and selachophobia (fear of sharks).
8. I love watching Thai Lakorn (soap operas).
9. Although I like chocolate, I’m more of a vanilla and fruity person. I never ate much chocolate until college sometime, and then more so when I got together with Nick because he is a chocolate lover.
10. I tell everyone I’m Laos because both of my parents are from there, but my mom is actually of Chinese blood, so that technically makes me half Chinese.
11. I’m addicted to working out.
So there you have it, random facts about me! Now before I list my nominees, I’d like them to know that despite what the rules say, don’t feel obligated to participate. And if you want to just answer my questions and give me 11 facts about yourself without nominating other blogs, please do so! I’d rather have you spill some juicy details about yourself than to not participate at all if you don’t want to deal with nominations. So without further ado, here are my nominees:
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your passion?
2. What is your favorite fruit?
3. Your favorite place?
4. Favorite thing to do to clear your mind?
5. Do you prefer the mountain or the ocean?
6. Favorite quality about yourself?
7. Happiest day of your life?
8. What’s your pet peeve?
9. If you could pick one age that you could be forever, what would that age be and why?
10. What is your new year’s resolution?
11. If you could travel back in time, would you do it? And where would you travel to?
All right, those are my questions! I’m looking forward to reading your answers! ❤