I have to admit I wasn’t sure about doing this TAG at first. But I’m a sucker sometimes for not saying no, and I don’t want to let Alissa down. 🙂 Besides, I figure why not do something different. If you haven’t figured it out by now, this TAG is talking about what makes the nominee (me) happy. So, this is what I’ll be addressing in this TAG: 5 things that make me happy, 5 songs that make me happy, and 5 bloggers I would like to spread the “happy feet” to.
5 Things That Make Me Happy
1. Spending leisurely time with my husband and best friend, Nick. Whether it’s being lazy, watching movies, pigging out, or going on adventures, it’s all fun to me and it makes me happy to spend it with this guy!
2. Physical Activity, such as hiking out in nature or doing challenging cardio workouts. I love being out with nature, breathing in the fresh forest air like in the PNW. But when I don’t have that opportunity, a good cardio-based workout really makes me pumped. It’s the only way I start my days nowadays, and it puts me in a good mood. If I’m ever worked up about anything, I’ll do a workout and it solves the problem and clears my mind. Working out is definitely my happy addiction.
3. Traveling and discovering new things, people and places. This is my other happy addiction. I get bored easily and could never work a 9 to 5 type of job anymore, unless it’s doing what I love. I like to be free, do whatever I want, discover new things, and connect with like-minded people. I don’t like to be tied down, and what we’re doing now with our sojourns is great because it allows us to live in different places, and it allows us to travel and explore different areas.
4. Food. Eating good food and eating well. People often think just because I’m a health nut I don’t enjoy food. It’s so not true! I just choose to ingest maximum nutrition and benefits, while having it be tasty, whole and natural as it comes. I love food and always get excited to eat. Sometimes this is one of the best things to do while traveling! Eating makes me happy because it nourishes my body and gives my taste buds euphoria. It’s a time to give back to my body — for being healthy and alive. When you feed your body with the right foods majority of the time, it will in turn give you the benefits you need to thrive and be happy with its results. 🙂
5. Dogs. I’m a dog lover, and if there’s one thing that can cheer me up it’s our four-legged cuddly friends! Even if I’m in the worst mood, seeing a doggie will put a smile on my face. They make me so happy when I’m around them. ❤
5 Songs That Make Me Happy
With music I’m one of those people who feels so much from it. It can affect me differently depending on the song. In the case of happiness, this is tough because I have more than 5, but below are the 5 that stands out or come to mind.
1. “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole. This song means a lot to me as it was the song I danced to with Nick on our wedding night.
2. “LOVE” by Nat King Cole. I love this song. Hearing it always makes me cheery. There’s also a Thai — with some English — version, sung by my favorite Thai actress and fashionista, Chompoo Araya Hargate.
3. Antonio Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons: “Spring” Part I. This is one classical piece I love that makes me feel cheery when I listen to it. Usually, other classical music makes me feel a wave of emotions when I listen to them.
4. “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra. Listening to this makes me want to go back to that era and dress in that fashion and dance!
5. “Haven’t Met You Yet” by Michael Bublé. I’d love to see Bublé perform in person some day.
After answering this TAG, I’m glad I did it. It was actually uplifting to spend a little time thinking about what makes me happy. It’s a great reminder of the good things in my life and how I should never stop being grateful as well. Happiness is so important, and I feel we can sometimes forget about the things that make us happy.